Friday, 22 April 2016

The Horns

So I ended up crafting the horns the last weekend when I had a day off. I got the idea a year ago at Wave Gotik Treffen when I saw some pretty cool horns and it feels that everyone there was wearing them. I nearly bought one pair too, but then they were sold out when I returned to looking for them. I remember saying that I will never get horns because I didn't like them at all at first, but here I'm. This is so typical to me that for a start I can't stand something and then my mind makes a U-turn and there I go...

I'm not going to do any tutorial about how to do these because I think web is filled with them and you can always use your own imagination what I did, but I can tell you what I used: hairband, aluminium foil, clingfilm, black spray and hot glue. Quite cheap and simple way to do your own horns. I needed to buy only the hairband, everything else I had already.  Of course the real deer horns would be even better looking as these, but perhaps these go better together with my outfit. Let's see if I wear these at WGT this yeas ;) (and talking about WGT and outfits I have a huge panic because I don't have anything to put on and there is only a few weeks left and I don't have the time to sew anything!!!)
What do you think of the horns? Yes or No?

Ps. My boyfriend didn't understand this "horn thing" at all and my ex-boyfriend asked am I going to attend some Christmas spectacle in coming Yule...

6 comments:

  1. Muistan kyllä kun kerroit joskus että et tajua sarvia. :'D Mutta tottakai mieli muuttuu joskus, semmosta se on.. Etköhän keksi jotain hienoo sinne WGT:hen, sitten paljon kuvia! :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niinpä :D Toisin en niitä kaikkia vieläkään pidä niin hienoina ;D Kuvia varmaan tulee, just tyhjensin muistia puhelimesta, jotta mahtuu ;)

      Delete
  2. Nuo kruunaavat varmasti hyvin asukokonaisuuden WGT:ssä! Minäkin olen samanlainen, että usein trendi-ilmiöiden sulattamiseen menee monta kuukautta aikaa ennen kuin niistä itse innostuu. Sarvia en ole tullut testanneeksi, kun tulee nykyään niin vähän käytyä missään tapahtumissa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eiköhän nuo jonkun asun kanssa istu :P

      Delete
  3. I think you made them totally awesome :) Definitely a yes!

    ReplyDelete